The Shed Crew will be walking in the Making Strides against Cancer 5k Walk on October 22nd. We invite you to join us as well as cancer survivors and other supporters. Here are a few facts about breast cancer from the American Cancer Society.
• An estimated 230,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the United States in 2011.
• About 2,140 men will get the disease this year, too.
• Breast cancer is the most frequently diagnosed non-skin cancer in women.
• About 39,970 women and men are expected to die from breast cancer this year.
• Breast cancer is the second among cancer deaths in women, after lung cancer.
• The five-year survival rate for breast cancer is 98 percent among individuals whose cancer has not spread beyond the breast at the time of diagnosis.
If you can’t make the walk and would still like to donate click here! We hope to see you out there!
Biloxi Town Green October 22nd
Registration 8am walk 9am
American Cancer Society/Mid-South Division Inc., 228-896-2003.