The Shed burns to the ground UPDATE

The Original Shed BBQ & Blues Joint went up in flames around 2am 2.12.2012 and burned completely to the ground. Though our hearts are saddened we will be back. We can’t replace what we have lost but we all have fond memories and 4 great locations to keep you Getting Fed at The Shed.  The Original Shed v2.o will be back so help us fill it with all YOUR JUNK! We will keep you posted on what we have going on so stay tuned.

Want to send us some junk?’

7501 HWY 57

Ocean Springs, MS 39565

Update

There has been an abundance of Suppork from the community this week,which has allowed us to progress a lot since Sunday, THANK YOU! Our Rollin Joint is set up down by the bayou and we have put up our tent and filled it with picnic tables. We also now have reefer trucks supplied by our friends at Merchants Foodservice, F.E.B Distributing as well as R.E.X. Distributing. Big Hoss BBQ and Blow Fly Inn also hooked us up with their smokers so we are smokin and have cold beer! We even have a ShedHed Emergency Vehicle that came in from Atlanta thanx to 3 Taxi Guys BBQ! Come hang out under the tent or by the Rollin Joint and relax with DeeDee Thunders from 5-7 on Friday and drop off your junk! It is definitely an exciting time at The Shed!

Check out the YouTube video on what we have done so far here.

Linda Thompson from Ocean Springs Night Out hooked us up with a memory wall. Make sure you share your stories about The Shed right here

2.16.12

We have power now so that is a God send. Our office is now the purple building, our green room is now a black trailer. Its amazing how much suppork we have received from the entire NATION. Our friends down at Scrantons and Tays BBQ hooked us up with a mobile kitchen, and a whole load of people dropped off a bunch of junk! Huka Entertainment also hooked us up with some sound gear so we REALLY have the blues now.  Till next time.

2.19.12

We are now open! In true ShedStyle we are putting it together piece by piece with the help of the entire WORLD! We even have junk from Japan coming. We have uploaded a new photo gallery as well so make sure you can check them out here. Got pictures of The Shed you want in the gallery? Email digitaldirector@theshedbbq.com

This entry was posted in Shed News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to The Shed burns to the ground UPDATE

1. Jeff says:

We are sorry to hear about the fire. We are from Iowa but have been spending spring break in the Gautier area since 1996. After finding the Shed we usually eat there at least twice during the week. I even try to plan long weekends just to drive down so I can have Shed bbq. We will be in Gautier again in March but it won’t be the same not being able to eat at the original Shed but we will eat at one of the other locations.

2. So sorry to here the news.Good luck in the building of the new SHED.

3. Laura. says:

I’m so, so saddened to hear of the fire.

4. Diane Basilin (Jeffrey Smart's mom-in-law) says:

Brad and company: So sorry to hear about the fire – we pray no one was injured. Christine & Jeffrey Smart texted us to keep you guys in prayer – will do. Every time we come to Mississippi, we get ‘fed at the shed’. Well – our prayers do go up for you and a fast reconstruct – but truthfully, how can you replace those relics? Be encouraged, Brad “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.all things work out for good according to HIS riches in glory.” Romans 8:28

Hope to see you next visit – In HIM, diane =) basilin, selden, NY

5. MITCH SCHENKEL says:

So sad and sorry this happened. I’m glad no one was hurt or worse. Will be looking forward to the new V2.0 lol i work alot during the week, but let me know if there’s anything I can help with on the weekends. Mobile isnt too far away and id be more than happy to take the trip to help out, as a former employee and everything from your mobile location. :)

mitch (moose) schenkel

6. Steve leBlanc says:

Wow, what a loss…. Hard to replace the Original, but sure v2.0 will be as good as the first

7. Pat & Coy Brown says:

fill in that pool and build her on the hill, and they will come, love you guys

8. Frank Stabler says:

What a terrible tragedy! We will miss the old place, but we will definitely be back to eat at the new Shed v.2!

9. Paige McCallum says:

My heart is with you guys!! Last summer we came and ate there after seeing you guys on Dinners, Drive-Inns and Dives and rooting for Brad while he battled for the top barbq on food network. We where proud to have that Mississippi dude on there. My husband has never had that wonderful Shed Bar BQ but we will wait for the rebuild and then he will get his first taste of that heavenly grub!!! Good Luck and if ya need help diving for new parts we are just an email away!!!

10. Chris Strong says:

Such a great place to eat. Cannot wait to visit again, once rebuilt. God Bless You All!

11. Mary B Verret says:

Can’t believe the original Shed burned…..we were just there at the end of January and enjoyed our supper. Whenever we are in the area we try to go at least once during our stay. We do have The Shed in our area, but there was nothing like the original. We are so sorry to hear it.

12. Edward says:

Last Christmas a friend of ours came all the way from Las Vegas, NV and insisted that I take him to the Shed…………..he had seen it on one of the c0ooking channels. TAZ weighs in around 400+ and leved the Shed. I had to e-mail him and break the bad news…………………..I think that every shedhead should contribute $1.00 to the re-modeling of the original site…………..are you accepting any “historical items for display”….

The Funeral Director – Picayune

13. Lee Kennedy says:

Sorry to hear this news. We had the pleasure of spending a weekend with you a couple of years ago for a blues fest. Got to see Buddy Guy and one of my favorites, Carolyn Wonderland from Austin. We brought our motorhome down and camped next door. Gained about 10 pounds that weekend. Great food, great fun. Hope yall are back soon. We’ll come again

14. Emree says:

I Love you ALL!

15. Kenny says:

Brad & Brooke, I was very distraught to hear about the fire. My prayers & thoughts are with ya’ll & everyone .Please keep us posted on progress, needs, events, etc. Will be more than happy & willing to help out in anyway I can!

16. Mike says:

I live 25 miles west of New Orleans and have made several trip to the shed just to eat and drove home. Had to be in Gulf Shores, Al. back in September stopped at the Shed going down and coming back. Wow what a treat the shed twice in one weekend. Good luck on the rebuild and I will be back at the shed to eat again and that is a promise. Guess I’m just an official SHED HEAD !!

17. I make all kinds of junk art if I can hook you up with any let me know I have been doing this for 35 years lots of great things from garden art to store deco.

18. Rosetta Remley says:

I could’nt believe it when I heard about the fire, but I know you will be up and running soon. I’m looking for old stuff to donate along with my dollar to hang on the ceiling..Best BBQ ever.

19. Melissa Langlois says:

So sorry to hear of your misfortune! Thoughts and prayers are with you and best of luck on your rebuild! Looking forward to visiting you someday but until then I will continue ordering online!!

20. JUDY WHITE STURTEVANT says:

I regret your losses and look forward to seeing your restoration. Junk, I have, and will donate if you can use.Good luck on your progress!

21. JUDY WHITE STURTEVANT says:

I regret your losses and look forward to the restoration. I have JUNK and will gladly share/give to you if you use it. Good luck on the putting it all back together!

22. Innkeeper Woodridge B&B Slidell says:

My heart is saddened by this news. One of our guests just informed us as they had stopped to eat after reading our blog on your place.
    We are happy to hear that you are working quickly to be back in full operation and will keep an eye out as to your progress. Our thoughts are with you!

23. Pingback: Help out « Epic News FTW

24. Jackie Gray says:

My friends living in Andrews, North Carolina were very sad to learn about the fire. They always stop and eat in the fall on their way to visit us in Red Stick (Baton Rouge, LA.)

Rise from the ashes,

Jackie

25. Mary says:

We are very saddened by the shed burning down. But we know it will be better than ever. My brother Harold lives in Moss Point so we visit often. I live in La. so we also eat at the Shed in Scott ,La. Hope to see you soon! God Bless.

26. billy overby says:

we were down the 24&25 it was a site to see how hard you and the staff has work to stay open for all of us . the bbq is still as good as always love the food and the staff is always great keep up the good work

27. We sure do! Thanks Kerry!

28. We will be slingin QUE on Friday!

29. Hi–

Please email fred@theshedbbq.com and send me a link to your site so I can look at it and give recommendations based on that.

Thanx
    Fred

30. No, absolutely have not changed Sue. Can’t imagine what happened. So very sorry! Email me personally and I will make that right with you. Mamashed@gmail.com

31. Joe we would love to have the antique sausage stuffers! Where abouts are you coming from?