The Shed BBQ Recipe Tips:
- Use Lump charcoal if possible, no cheap charcoal. Let your grill come to a medium heat before putting on Wangs.
- Use drumsticks and wing sections. They cook well and makes for a better presentation on your platter.
- Watch Wangs closely keeping the temp at a consistent medium. If fire gets too hot remove Wangs until it cools down…trust me.
- Don’t be skimpy with the marinade, save at least one cup aside to dip Wangs in for maximum flavor.
- Here’s the secret! Soak a few sticks of Cherry, Apple or Peach wood in water, beer or liquor water for at least two hours before putting on the coals. Remember medium heat, you don’t want flames.
Recipe for Marinade: 3 Cup batch
- 1 Cup Good Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 2 tsp Orange Concentrate
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbs dried minced onion
- 2 Tbs cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs A-1 Steak Sauce
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Hot pepper sauce (Crystal Hot Sauce or Tabasco)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Bring all ingredients to a boil then simmer for 30 – 40 minutes stirring often.
OR you can just buy some from The Shed!
5 Chicken Wangs.
Marinade for an hour.
Cook until reaching a minimum of 165 to insure thoroughly cooked.