Recipe Tips From The Shed:
- Use fresh green cabbage.
- Buy the pre-shredded carrots and purple cabbage if you’re not serving it immediately. Fresh will discolor the slaw.
- Prepare at least one hour before serving to allow cabbage and seasonings to blend.
Recipe for Slaw Sauce: 30 servings
- 4 ½ Cups Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 3 ½ Cups Sour Cream
- 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbs fresh black pepper
- 3 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 2 ½ Cups white sugar
- 1 ¼ Cup Cider Vinegar
- 25 Cups shredded Green cabbage
- 5 Cups shredded carrots
- 5 cups shredded purple cabbage
For a Cajun twist to this traditional recipe put in a little Crystal Hot Sauce.
For another flair try some ginger or garlic. Enjoy!